Been way too long since I last blogged, and I mean really blogged (not reposting pictures on Tumblr, those don't count even though a picture paints a thousand words)
Close friends around me have left 1 by 1, mostly to venture on their path of pursuing a higher degree of education while I stay rooted to this very ground, the place where I was born. However, as patriotic as I am and as loyal as I am to this country, something feels like it's missing. That feeling of being carefree, I guess.
I don't really know when it started (and by it I mean my wanderlust), maybe it was since I was about 5? My mum asked me what I would like to do when I grow up. I very confidently told her :" I wanna study in Canada someday so that I can see snow!" I've always been awed by the beauty that this cruel Earth provides. Given the chance to, this insignificant self would definitely want to explore this whole wide world on my own 2 feet and not just see it through pictures online but see it from my perspective with my eyes. I do have in my plans, to have a (few month long to a year perhaps?) Sabbatical and set foot on an amazing journey to appreciate my life on Earth.
But of course, that would probably never happen in the near future, with so many limitations at hand, the biggest of which is the limited wealth I currently own. I'm still awaiting good news which I hope will come soon, so that I start to work hard and be able to take another step toward my dream, just as how my friends are doing.
*crossing my fingers and hoping all goes well not only for me but for all whom I love and care for*
No comments:
Post a Comment